Monday, May 26, 2008

1st Journal Entry In Wyoming

As mindlessness takes hold
I contemplate eternity
and my mind becomes enveloped
in a conversation with the roots
from which I've grown.

My expanding concept of Now
mingles with my already infinite Then.
They don't get along.

Even here, where Earth's history
takes deep root, there is such a
sense of survival based on
popularity. And I stand alone
in wanting to learn my Earth's
mysteries, it's secrets that come
with peace of mind, not with having
to prove myself even more worthy
with inane tests.

I have been pushed my
entire life. I have figured
out riddles that few dare
even to be asked, in fear they get
lost. But, they don't realize that
they were born lost, deep in
the cosmos, into an island
that is not charted in even
the most in depth galactic maps.
We call it Earth.

The human heart, solely, is a compass
that will always point in the direction
of home, whichever form home will
take, in an infinite yet lost world.
The human brain, appears to be our
ability to interpret the coordinates
in which our hearts are ever-striving to reach.

The sad truth is that the
newly growing hearts that are
the youth, are losing their ability
to find home, as their compasses
are being doused with cyanide.

All the while, their brains cannot
send their hearts in the right direction,
(due to the masters of illusive happiness,
who provide a false sense of being home)
because in fact they are facing a rock wall
in a cave, left to ponder about shadow puppets
that move around on a reoccurring film strip.

And nobody will listen to my solution
as I scream it out loud.
TURN AROUND! Look at what they
have made you think is real. We need to
leave this mind trap of a cave,
and understand the island we've grown so attached to.

But it's impossible if all of your backs are turned.

No comments:

Post a Comment