Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"Poets are shameless with their experiences: they exploit them." — Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

I fail to not exist as a soul in this body,
and I don't remember before I was born.
There are those in need of the specific assistance of preservation.
Though, that empathy died in myself recently.
Such actions are too much to ask, and my nerves are cut loose.
I can no longer lie with a front of thankfulness. For I carry not that notion.
A life experiencing subjective uniqueness, hardships and hand-outs alike.
That is all, and it is but illusion.
No secrets hidden for you to find, only flesh to figure out.
Enjoyment was never happiness, only sadness that provided duality.
Distraction through destruction, via packaged dinner & a coke.
A prayer I'll throw to the wind, not for the suffering of today,
but for the yet unnamed souls of tomorrow.
Bless them with peace, and a warning.
All will not be right, for our deception is a flame eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment